Thursday, July 7, 2011

Garrett, the Sweet

I love the imaginations that all of my grand kids have.  With all the pack ratting Jon and I have been doing for so long, that they never want for the proper supplies.

Last week, Garrett gave a bunch of ants their first  . .  and last swimming lessons.  He knows that it is important for safety's sake.  He was so proud when they started putting their faces in the water, until he realized they were no longer swimming.

He came over and gently broke it to me in the sweetest voice that it was OK if they died because they would come alive again some day.  Then he asked me if ants could go to Heaven.

Yes Garrett, I believe they can go to Heaven.  Why would a loving God create a creature, any creature and not give them more than the brief existence on this earth?  The scriptures tell us that all things on this earth are created spiritually first, so what would become of that spirit?

My sweet little guy made sure that those ants had a life preserver when we went back inside that day.  He got a piece of kindling and left it floating so they could climb up on it.

He can be such an ornery little pill but that morning and the night before he was such a doll that even Chip hung around him instead of hiding out. I hope he remembers how making good choices paid off for him.

No comments: