WARNING: Long Winded Attack
As I watched the news ( I know, I keep saying I am through but masochism seems to hit every day) and I am reminded of the day that the first planes took off to bomb Iraq. Mariah & I were down in Snow Flake at a store. As the cashier and I were standing there chatting and laughing the radio was playing music. Rye said that it was kind of weird and creepy at how we stopped talking and laughing so suddenly and then she realized the whole store had gone silent. She listened to the radio with us but had no idea how hard all of us who had grown into adulthood during the Viet Nam mess.
As we left I saw people just walking around talking, laughing, just going on with life like nothing had happened. It was so strange to me. It creeped out poor Mariah to see the change in her usually very chatty mother. As we drove home, I tried to explain it all to her. She understood pretty well. I don't remember if I told her my fear that it would last long enough to see her brother being dragged into it.
It was at the time that I learned that life goes on. You can and must let normalcy be a part of your life. We are going to any event we can that includes music, to sooth our souls. We are going on with our projects to organize our home. We will get more lights up, have a little "fun" at other's expense . . . don't worry . . . it's all harmless and will give the "victims" a good laugh. Look to the future making note of the fine, wonderful, giving people surrounding us. Try to be one of them. Let the children with their joy of life, full of optimism, lead us.
No comments:
Post a Comment