Sunday, October 12, 2008

Surviving Sunday Talks

Today Jon & I gave talks in Sacrament Meeting. The topic was Being Independent & Self Sufficient. It was a little nerve wracking but we made it through. It sure gave me some serious food for thought.

My part was about staying out of debt. Kind of funny in a way, I have had to learn that lesson more than once, the hard way. It puts so much stress into your life that it can bring eveything else in your to a halt. I feel so badly for the young who get drawn into this easy money idea. I have seen it bring so much destruction into lives. Surely must be one of Satan's favorite tools.

Jon talked about how important it was to get your education, but then be willing to enter any open doors that you may come across. He also talked about how important our Patriarchal Blessings are in guiding us while making decisions that can effect our lives on a long term basis. While he was talking, I could feel such a strong spirit. As mild mannered as he is, I forget his strengths. I have truely been blessed in my life. He introduced me to principles of the gospel that I had never understood and has been patient as he led me along in this 30 year (and counting) journey of ours. Life is good!

5 comments:

Eldredge Family said...

I was invited to share my testimony today in church and I wanted to pass out but, I did not! Being in dept is awful. I hope you were able to reach the ones that needed to hear that council and help them strive to get out of dept.

Dunklees said...

I check on yours too!!

Eldredge Family said...

Congrats on another boy! They sure do keep you busy! Monster Jam is every January at Chase ball park. It really is so much! We go every year and love it!

Eldredge Family said...

"Fun" Really is so much fun!

Tamra said...

Hi, Sharron. It's good to connect again. Looks like you have a growing family. Lots of fun, isn't it? Giving a talk in church can sure be humbling and a learning experience. it still scares me to death.