The walls are in there making a very strong statement. A finish that seems to horrify both of my kids-in-law. That's OK, it's my room and as much as I love it, I just might soften it a little. Not that it will make less of a statement, just blended a little better. I found that when the glaze is almost invisible, it is hard to control he results. It looks a little like I turned the grand kids loose in there! ** Sarah came by tonight and loved it, so it stays!! She was with me when I saw a mug in Wal-Mart that inspired the whole project. Now talk about class!**
The bed going in there belonged to Jon's grand parents. I guess when they sold and cleared the old family home, that was given to Jon. He had the vanity and dresser, but not the bed. When we had been married only 2 1/2 months, we went back to visit the OK relatives in his big old 4X4 truck so that we could bring this bed back. I was thrilled when I saw it!
The dry AZ air has been hard on it, so restoration is on the calendar to make it look better and help preserve it. There is some cracking that will be a challenge. For now, it will just be put up to get the room functional. Christmas is just too close, lots to do!!
So once again, I would love to share this whole process with ya'll, but still missing the dreaded black camera. I am beginning to wonder if Linc might have thrown it in the trash and I didn't notice. A fork went in last night, that Jon caught and I do have to take things out regularly . . oh my, oh dear . . .
2 comments:
I must say that things go missing around here too and we always wonder if Miss Alexandra is responsible for "helping" clean up and throwing them in the trash. We have caught her throwing a bunch of things away that we NOT trash...makes you wonder what we didn't catch. I would love to get her and Lincoln together, what a funny age. I do hope he didn't throw your camera away, though!
Well, at least you can take comfort in knowing that he didn't throw it in the toilet!
I think the room will be great! It's very You and Sassy! And let me know if I can have that bucket of yellow paint, and some pure white to soften it! That would make the baby room something we could paint over one of the upcoming holidays! (All we would need is the antique white for the bottom of the wall, and the chair rail!) :)
Post a Comment