Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Moving . . . . .Such a Chore

Bet that got your attention, didn't it?  We have been fretting, bargaining, asking questions, making arrangements ... just to cancel them and make new ones.  Finally, this lovely (hahahaha, not so funny) shed is ready to be moved over to our "North Forty"  AKA  the back 40 feet or so of our back yard.  I am so excited in a way and a little not so excited in other ways.

It desperately needs paint, has no redeeming loveliness of any kind, and will take a lot of work partnered with a little  $$ to get the power out to it.  Not just any power, it has to have 220 for my big old table saw.  Not just 110.

It does have lots of space for setting up my work benches, drill press, bench grinder, band saw ( to see if I can get it to track better), and all of my lab drawers that I have been organizing and filling.  Jon has a good idea to put light in without much expense, we have been pricing AC units, perhaps with heat included so that I can do finishes.

I really don't like the interior walls, but if I paint them, they might not buffer sound as well, and that could be nice to have since I sometimes get on a roll late at night.  I do have lots of left over paint from the house exterior, so it will quickly match the house.  Trim may be a problem, there isn't any, and I already had to buy another gallon to finish touch-ups on the house.  I have looked at it and come up with some ideas on how to make it look kind of cute, kind of whimsical and a lot homey . . .  sure glad that Jon seems to get a chuckle out of my hair brained ideas these days.

Poor Jon, he just never knows what to expect his crazy wife to come up with next.  I have waited too long for a finished home and to have my environment be some place I want to come "home" to.  After sporadically working at it for so many years, I just want it done already!!! 

If this is selfish, may Heaven forgive me, I really have no desire to fight this urge.  However, I do not want to make Jon uncomfortable with my actions or create a place where he wouldn't feel completely comfortable. I do want to love it when someone comes to the door and feel comfortable inviting them in to our "home".  Hope that is a good and righteous goal.  I really miss that feeling.   

1 comment:

Brianna said...

I do not think it is selfish at all...and as for Jon...I think he will love it when its all done. Just think how drawn he was to the Monkey room once it was all clean, organized and decorated. We could hardly pry him from that room he enjoyed it so much! :)

Good luck!

Have fun. My posts will look a lot like this soon. I have a lot ahead of me. My garage, my room, the back and front yards, and the baby room. Then the finishing touches to all the rest of the house will be started. It's a very long list. I know it will take time...I guess the important part is to remember to enjoy the journey! :)

P.S. They are having the Red Chili Burro at school today! ;)