Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Quiet

Here I sit, in total silence.  Just once in a while a car drives by outside, but I can hardly hear even that.  It is actually quite pleasant.  How seldom I let this happen.

Sarah came over and helped me finish a quick dinner for the Sister Missionaries.  I really like them and have loved having them in the ward.  I used to go and do splits with them fairly often, but lately, it just never seems to happen.  That set a wonderful tone in our home.

Sarah helped me get a few things up to and other things down from the attic, another little hurdle behind me.  Now I am in peace and silence.  Even the Christmas music stopped playing.  Not sure why, but the player just came on for a few bars, the part of Silent Night that says, "sleep in Heavenly Peace" and then went off again. Sounds like an excellent idea to me.  I will sleep better if I get just a little more done.  I realized that less chaos would help the boys relax better and it would go better for all of us.

So good night, and I hope all of us can enjoy a night of Heavenly Peace . . . a night of sweet, quiet, restful peace.

2 comments:

Dunklees said...

Enjoy! It will all come whipping back in with a passion before you know it!

Brianna said...

How important those "quiet" moments are. I am in need of one! I hope you slept well.