Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Day Just For Fun!

I had fun making green eggs and "ham" for breakfast this morning.  It has been a long time since we did this to start out St. Patrick's Day.  Since Gabriel and Garrett had school early this morning, I made it and delivered it.  Then it was off to the store for more eggs and milk . . . . such a good planner!  but still made it home to share some green eggs and "ham" with  Bri and the girls.

Then I hit a wall that is all too familiar for the last few years.  We were going to make the pavers with the kids' foot prints in them and all decorated with glass/ceramic doo-dads.  I have thought for the longest time now that the pretties were all with the molds (plant trays) and cement . . .  NOT!   We looked all over and no luck, so we changed gears and let the girls pick from my fabric scraps to make their first little quilts.  It was interesting to see which ones they picked, caught both of us guard!




Brianna helped them each create a pattern and them my visiting teachers came.  Brianna had to leave before the left so it was a little slow getting started on the quilts.





Mariah had shown up and the kids all wanted to take turns holding Lynneah, she just loves all the attention . . .   and I got to enjoy one of the moments the I live for.







After lunch was story nap time.  I was so tired that I kept dozing off while I was reading.  


When I got up, Arianna joined me and we had a little one-on-one time to start her quilt.  She did pretty well.  I was pretty pleased with how well she did . . . in spite a poke or two with the needle.  She was able to stitch 3 squares together before we had to get Tati up to got meet Mom.  It was obvious that she was getting tired, but she hung in there to reach the goal for today.

I got the biggest kick out of her.  She is such a little conversationalist . . . no idea where she gets that.


Arianna:  Granny Nanny, do you know what would be so nice?
Me:        No, what would be so nice?
Arianna:  If you brought this all finished next time I see you and surprised me.
Me:        Ah hem, then it wouldn't be a surprise because you suggested it.
Arianna:  Oh . . .

She wanted to take some pictures, and don't make a weird face.  I think I need to have a little talk with her about what we do and do not take picture of !

Oh how I love this precious little girl who is growing up so fast.  It was so fun just sitting and visiting with her for a little while today.  Tati is just as fun and also so unique in her fun, precocious way.  It will be fun to see what Lynneah comes up with as she grows up.

Tonight Garrett is here for his earned over-nighter.  Jon informed me that at lunch he had eaten his month's allotment of  "that coleslaw".  It had the ramen noodles and pineapple in it..See, no onions and he didn't want anymore.  What can I say?  Ornery old man.  Earlier when he was giving me a hard time, I told him that he was getting to be such an old _ _ _ _ (and spelled out part of the word family that includes: cart, part).  That was when I found out that these 6 years old grand kids can spell very well.

I am glad that they didn't think to just sit there silently like I did when I started to get the spelled words.  My mom didn't catch on until the day that she caught me grinning really big and realized that I knew what she had spelled.  Don't think I ever fessed up how long I had been "eaves dropping".

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Yup....we've had to stop spelling over here. Arianna usually figures out the word before Rob does. Now we'll have to learn some sort of code!!!

Arianna is pretty excited about her quilt...Tati hasn't said much...but I'm sure she'll love it if we remind her its for one of her baby dolls! She loves her dolls.

Well...I have to go now...rehearsals start soon. :(