Wednesday, March 16, 2011

This has been a busy week, already.  Saturday night Sarah came over and we made cake balls until just before the cows came home.  Then there was the block in our own home ward, our own huge home ward.  They have to open the folding curtains back to the middle of the cultural hall now.  After the normal meetings, we gathered in the relief society room and Stephen bless Lynneah.  She took it pretty well through most of the blessing but got a little fed up right at the end of it.  It was nice to have some friends join our family.

We all went over to the Maskeys for lunch and a small birthday celebration for Lincoln's birthday.  Poor kid has been waiting for this since the February 23, sure glad that he can't read calendars!  He seemed pretty confused by the whole thing.  We gave it a little sucker theme since he LOVES suckers.  Sarah and I had made all the cake balls on sticks that we could and then I made a big one out of just plain cake on a dowel for him to blow the candles out on.  That really confused him.  We offered it to him to eat and he just looked at it and put the sucker candle in his mouth.

Nanny just thinks I don't know
how cute I am right now
Monday, Jon and I worked  our little tails off in the north forty (feet of the back yard) .  Garrett helped Jon on Monday until he became my little helper.  He was so cute in Papa's hat.  He worked like a turk taking suckers off of the tree trunks.  Last time he helped me trim trees, he would hang on the limb while I sawed.

Yesterday , it was more trimming for hours and handing stuff to Jon while he was on the ladder.  Team work can be so nice.  I have a hard time on ladders and right now it would be really hard since I gained some weight back.  On Sunday night our home teacher and his wife came and they were impressed that we could work together.  We laughed because we work so differently and do have to watch what we take on together.  It can try the patience of both of us  ;-}

Sharron just thinks I don't know
she thinks I get cuter every day
So this is the view I had of Jon most of the time while we were working "safely".  You know the rules, no open toed shoes, do NOT stand on the top of the step ladder.  Jon did better than I did.  It's easy to forget how sensitive it is at the base of your nails, including your toes. . . . ouch! An hour later, one of my toes was still stinging.

Got that lil ole gal in my back pocket
Jon finally got down to whether or not to put 4 more rivets in to the leading edge of some sheets to make sure they stayed put during summer storms.  the next decision was whether to put them in then or this morning.  bless  his little thumping gizzard, the job is DONE!!!

So today, we can get things ready for Ed to paint the outside of the house, because I am sure we wouldn't get it done on our own.  Funny Jon, was surprised when i told him that I had called for help.  He really thought we could get it done, even after 5 years.  Hope the paint is still good and that Home Depot can tint it to some color that I like.  It is just too white and a sickly tone at that . . . . yeck!

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Glad you put a picture up of the tin roof you've been talking so much about! Sorry i didn't poke my head out yesterday to see it in person!