Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Four Letter Post . . . Again . . .

A few weeks ago, I talked about the dresses from Hell (remember, that word is in the scriptures!). I didn't need to even touch the dress this time. It was beautiful . . . BUT, then there was the canopy . . . . and yes, it was from there. Ask anyone who helped with this little project and you find many who agree with me.

If you will notice in this first picture, part of the tulle and lights are draped over a ladder. Why would we lay most of it on the floor and then drape one over the ladder, We wouldn't, that is where it landed when it all fell down as the last end, of the last support wire was being attached. Someone hollered, "It's coming down!". I looked around and sure enough, the first end of the first wire was not only coming down, it was bringing the molding with it. YIKES! Just what happens to goofy women who talk men who are good sports into doing goofy things like this? Thanks to a domino effect, we (they men) got to repair some structure damage and start from scratch. I must give them credit, they did an incredible job. Just in case this gets back to anyone in physical facilities, these repairs and another one that someone else had to do, are probably the best built part of all that molding . . . . it isn't going anywhere now!!


All the guys came running when they realized it was all falling apart. They worked so hard on it just to see it cascading to the floor. Joe took his time getting it in good shape again.







1. Paul was probably wondering what he was going to get stuck with. I would have! 2 - 3. the gals who showed up got on with business getting some of the lights and tulle in place while we waited for the tools, eye screws, etc. show up.









1. The wires are up again, and the men went up and down the ladders repeatedly climbed up the ladders to make sure everything was lined up and pulled as tight as they could. 2. The final product!

3 comments:

Sandi and Curtis said...

Wow! I have always wondered if disaster ever struck doing a project like this, now I know! Good thing these guys were good sports and stuck it out!!! Whose wedding?

Jessica Caldwell said...

that is beautiful I have never seen anything like that before I love it. It does look like a pain the the butt to put up.

Liz said...

Sharron you are so good to HELP out when need and not only just help but poor your heart and soul into a project and work your BUTT off! I think it looked like a project form Heaven...because you were an angel to take it on!