Monday, June 21, 2010

It's A Gift . . . . . . . ?

When Jon's sister Charlotte and her husband were raising their kids, they had a magic closet.  If you put your dirty clothes, (dry clean only) in it, they appeared a week later, all cleaned and pressed!  Our kids thought that was pretty great.  Unfortunately, after looking and looking, they never found one in our house. Poor  Jon is still looking.  Being the proud owner of only one suit, you can guess why.

However, we do seem to have the "magic" refrigerator.  You put something in it, push it to the back, wait awhile  and it will make it's container stretch, strain, bulge and spew when you open it.  This time it is was sweet pickles, which technically shouldn't even need to be kept cold.







CONFESSION:  We did try these, and this was what we both looked like . . .   . . not to worry, we have our appointment with the bishop next Sunday . . . .   no not really, but we may have felt like it was needed if we had gone back for seconds!

Digging, Digging, don't worry, if anything green and fuzzy, I will spare all the details.  You'll only hear about the funny or unusual . . . . . or amazing?

MORE GOOD NEWS - BAD NEWS

I ran a fever for three days last week, it wasn't just sinusitis, it was a cold. Not sure which that is, good or bad news.  Now I don't have bronchitis, just major asthma episode.  Not sure which that is either.  BUT the definitely good news is that a week on tons of steroids should get it under control.  I should be singing bass by next week, oh wait a minute, I can already sing bass.

When I get discouraged with all that is going on in the world, I am so grateful for the wonderful advances in the medical field.  If I had been in my own mom's generation having babies, I wouldn't be here now, watching my own children raising their children.  If I was, who knows what kind of shape I would be in with all of my allergies, respiratory problems and blah, blah, blah.  With the way things are going right now, by the time I am walking around on oxygen, I will be able to carry little tiny mini bottle in my pocket, right next to my little bitty cell phone with the sound amplifier.   Is this a "Wonderful Life or What"?

I thank Heaven every day for those who have the God given intelligence and imagination to develop the scientific advances we enjoy . . . . . . and the good sense to make good use of it.  I also am so thankful for those who take this knowledge and go forward to do good in the world.

2 comments:

Brianna said...

I'm glad you got what you need to get better soon!!! :)

Liz said...

Your braver than I am. I sample NOTHING that looks "iffy" or has been in the refrigerator for very long. I look and sniff and throw!
I'm glad you got the meds you need to be on the mend. Nothing is more miserable than a cold in the HOT summer!
I'm thankful for those medical advances too...what would this world be like without "my bestest friend in it?" Horrible that's how it would be!
Get better soon and thanks for the phone call and listening to my rantings!