She arrived at the camp in Lost Valley and immediately locked her keys in her car, both sets. Hm-m-m-m now what would that extra set I insisted she take be for? Maybe to keep in her back pocket, just in case. She calls from Tamecula to tell me that she is there for a physical since the camp forgot to tell her and many others they needed them and they hoped that the camp ranger would have some way of breaking into her car. . . . then she just left me hanging, wondering, "Should we try to overnight some more keys to her?" I finally decided to apply my new favorite phrase, "Not my problem".
Gabriel is taking some special workshops to prepare for 1st grade. He is really enjoying them.
Mariah has dropped the other boys off so that she can help Gabe learn to navigate to his classes safely. So each morning I start out covering my sewing table, the world's most fascinating place. If you don't believe me, just ask Linc!
Then we put on the world's best movie, Racing Stripes. Just ask Garrett. Then you pop some corn. Give them each some with just a token sprinkle of butter and yourself the rest with enough butter to be really yummy.
I have tried to put away dishes, but Linc still hears me and leaves the movie to come help me, so I now have some of that movie memorized.
After they go home with mommy, it is time to complete some of the many projects to clear my mind and lower my blood pressure.
Mend the workout shirt . . . . . . check
Attach straps to water bottle holders for girl's camp . . . . check
Sort a the sewing notions and doo-dads so that I can find what I need as I go along . . . . . OK, I was looking for my double needle, didn't find the silly thing. It is nice to have it all sorted again though! check
Find random "mystery sewing machine. I think they are now cloning under sewing tables or something. I was pleasantly surprised that it actually works pretty well. I had to dig a broken light bulb out of it. It 's is missing the presser foot, but uses the common kind that all Brother machines uses, so it will easy to use one that is around already. I just wonder where in the world the silly thing came from. A little creepy when you can't remember like that! check
Get lots of task lighting set up for a the different hand stitching, etc. that I will be doing. Gotta love it! check
Fill new water container. I am getting off the fizzy stuff again. I got completely off over a year ago for several months. I felt so much better and my "
pillow" was considerably smaller. Loved it! I keep the lemon juice handy to make it more satisfying. I am also looking forward to saving the $$ as well. The container will help me track how much water I am drinking daily and have it nice and cold. My ice maker can't keep up with me!! check
I have now moved a of my indoor plants outside except for my little fuchsia in the shower stall. This little Gold Fish plant has hung on for a couple of years, but quit blooming. I trimmed it way back and hope the additional filtered light will help it get its cute blooms back! check
Time for bed, to start another, "What a Week" ! CHECK!
1 comment:
I love getting lots done!!! I hope you are enjoying it too! :) We are still trying to recover from Friday. The girls have been so messed up and tired since missing their naps/quite time on Friday. If we can't work that in, then i don't think we'll be doing much of the all day trips this summer. I'm sure it was a long day for you too...especially with the added stress of Sarah's phone calls. Ahh...the best laid plans sometimes fall apart right in front of us. What can you do?
Post a Comment