Remember those awful google eyed birds that you brought home to put on the tree? I know that Bob and I still put at least one our tree each year. Would you believe that our kids hate them as much as we did? I wish I could look into the future and see if they would come to love them as much as we do. BTW, they are still embarrassing!
Every year, I think of the little black tea and coffee pots the had the tiny white sparkly flowers with pink centers on them. I have missed not having them for my tree after I grew up, but I know they met their demise through being loved.
One year I bought this ornament because I loved them so much as little girl. I am so sorry that I poked all the centers out touching them, but I was so sure that I could do it so gently that no evidence would have been left behind.
Remember the little elves that I decorated the divider wall with? I found a second one this year. The first that I knew was around has been spying on good and naughty little children for years from this wreath that I have been teased about.
The memories have all been tucked away now, safe and sound, until next year when I will stroll down our lane again.
I kept up your idea to give each of the girls a porcelain doll each year until we just didn't have any more room. Mariah even had to give up some of hers and now she has a little doll of her own. I hope, some day, Lynneah will love the ones that are left.
Oh Mom, as I drifted down that wonderful lane of so many precious Christmas memories, I missed you so much! I know you are aware of our children and now their children. I feel so you so close sometimes. Remember how you would tell me how much I reminded you of Grandma Annie and Aunt Maurine? Well, you have left your mark on my girls and even the boys in some ways. I know you would really get some good giggles watching and listening to them.
Sarah has spent a lot of time here with us the last week. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed it. It was so much like when I lived out of state and would come home for the holidays . . . only now I am the mom. Weren't those some wonderful times? I sure appreciated all the time you would listen to me in all of my frustrations trying to find a man I would take a chance on and just what it felt like to watch Bob and Cheryl with their cute family Now Sarah and I have the same conversations. She is wise in many ways and will stay faithful and patiently wait. Having Jon as a dad has helped her set her standards high and she won't lower them. Wasn't I so blessed to find him and recognize his good qualities?
For now, she is my great helper and we have enjoyed some good giggles, only a few at Jon's expense and he seems to enjoy watching his main squeeze and baby girl having fun together.
It's the next morning and we will all be gathering in a few hours for Christmas Eve Brunch. Good idea, huh? Hope it makes it easier for the kids to get their own "magic" created for the kids.
So bye for now Mom. Merry Christmas and thanks for all the magic sprinkled along my path. I love you.
1 comment:
That was a very special letter...I am glad I got to read it. It actually reminded me of my Grandmother (my dad's mom) and the times I have felt her so very close in my life. I know she watches me from time to time and loves me when I need it most. It's something that is hard to explain because I never had the chance to know her in this life...but I know it is her.
Merry Christmas! See you soon.
Post a Comment